Front entrance of the Bay Window B&B& Bicycles
BAY WINDOW B&B&B (and Bicycles)
11 Channel Ave. Ward's Island, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1Y6
Your host: Inese 416-203-9938
E-mail: [email protected]
The season opens on May 1, 2018 and remains open till October 31, 2018.
We are closed for the winter.
Please see: www.flipkey.com/p267382 for a calendar of available dates.
This accommodation is attractive to those who choose to be in proximity to the downtown core, yet desire some distance from the city. The ferry boats depart hourly from the south side of the Harbor Castle Westin hotel. Within 15 minutes one arrives at the Ward's Island dock; one of three access points to the Toronto Island Parks. The B & B & B is a 2 minute walk from the ferry dock nestled in a quiet village in stark contrast to the bustle on the mainland. The charming homes and gardens exhibit a variety of colors, textures and garden designs. Bicycles are available for guests for free to tour the islands. (Signing a Release of Liability form is required.) We are LGBT positive. This year we have a tandem quadricycle for rent for $40/ day if guests desire a classic island experience. (The basket in front can accommodate a young child or two.)
If you choose to stay in the city beyond the last boat (at 11:30 pm) then a water taxi is available to return to Ward's Island. The B & B & B is favored by newlyweds because of the level of privacy and the quaint community clubhouses that are available for booking weddings. (Please note that it is not possible to stage a wedding from the B&B - it is strictly a quiet space for the bride and groom prior to their big day.)
We have a variety of beaches: on Ward's Island, Centre Island, and the infamous clothing optional beach at Hanlan's Point. Jogging or cycling the boardwalk, or roller blading the park paths are popular activities. The spring season attracts bird watchers and picnic basket laden families.There are clay tennis courts on Ward's Island. (Passes can be purchased at the Island Cafe for $20 for access from 1-4pm during the week.) Community events, dances and concerts are open to visitors. See Calendar on the Toronto Island Community page for events open to the public on Ward's and Algonquin Island.
Bedroom with Queen size bed
* Brand new (2007) ground floor bedroom with a Queen size bed
* Fold-up cot available upon request for a third person, or if not wanting to share a bed (one time charge of $25)
* Private ensuite 3-piece bathroom with a shower, linens/towels, soap/shampoo provided
* Heated radiant flooring
* Private entrance to bedroom from garden, with a private patio, (no other access to the house is available to guests)
* Bicycles available for guests - large and small at no charge. Signing a release of Liability form is required. A tandem quadricycle is for rent.
* Small refrigerator, electric kettle, table fan, floor fan, teas
* Wired/wireless Internet access
* 2 minute walk from ferry or beach
* Breakfast served at the seasonal Island Cafe - moments from the B&B, breakfast until 11:30am during the spring, summer and fall
* The Rectory cafe is under new management and will open this summer...we are all waiting!
* Largely wheelchair accessible, but please inquire first
* Non-smoking accommodation and pet-free zone
* $135/ night/ double occupancy with breakfast for two (add a cot for $25 if you do not want to share a Queen size bed)
* $125/ night/ single occupancy with breakfast for one
* $160/ night for three people (adding a cot) with breakfast for three
* minus $10 for no breakfast option
* Check in at 2pm, check out at 11am (we are flexible with this when possible), luggage storage for early arrivals/late departures
* Price includes a hot breakfast at the Island Cafe, a 2 minute walk away offering a 'supreme hit of island culture', (owned and operated by Islanders)
* A minimum 2 night stay for weekends, 3 days on a long weekend
* Deposit (50%) required with registration (cheque, cash, bank transfer or money order), balance due upon departure
*Two week notice required or deposit is forfeited
* Contact: 416-203-9938, or E-mail : [email protected] for bookings
* See www.flipkey.com/p267382 for a calendar of availability
Private patio for guests
Bathroom with shower
WARD'S ISLAND FEATURES:
Rectory Cafe is under new management and will open this summer...we are all waiting!
Island Cafe(seasonal) 647-299-5514 - open 8am to 8pm during the summer season
Alice's House of Big Hair Salon 416-203-0781
Just Imagine Bodywork: Reflexology, Aromatherapy and Massage by Delwyn 416-203-0948
Massage by an RMT: Gewn Chalmers [email protected]
For those that want to stay out late in the city beyond the last boat: contact the Water Taxi @ 416-203-TAXI and talk to Ralph. You must book with him in advance to guarantee transport back to the island. Or, call Water Taxi Now: 416-838-TAXI (www.WaterTaxiNow.com [email protected])
Tennis courts on Ward's Island: Available from 1-4pm on weekdays for non-members. Purchase pass at the Island Cafe. Clay surface.
Tennis Courts on Hanlan's Point: No charge, pavement surface.
We are very proud of our unique island and community and ask that you respect all our neighbours by being mindful of noise, treading gently in the meadow and green spaces, and not littering.
Abby, our resident feline. NOTE: The B&B&B is an absolutely pet free space.
Many thanks for your lovely home. It was a fun and relaxing weekend for all of us. I enjoyed meeting you and your family — we look forward to a return visit at another time.
Claire and family, Toronto, May 2010
I just wanted to thank you for your hospitality when we stayed last week at your b & b.
You have a lovely spot, and Stu and I really enjoyed the island and our stay.
Betty, Markham, June 2010
Just wanted to say..we had a WONDERFUL time..at your B & B
We certainly will be back!
Perhaps, next time you will meet my partner...(grin)
Have a great week!
Carron, Toronto, May 2011
Come for the island, stay for the cat
Left on Jun 11, 2017 for a stay in Jun 2017
I took a weekend trip here with my girlfriend and we absolutely loved it. The room was clean and wonderful. We spent hours sitting out on the private patio as well. beyond just the room, Inese was a very friendly and welcoming host, as was Abby the cat. We highly recommend this place, and hope to be back some time in the future!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
A view of Toronto from Ward's Island