Front steps of Bay Window B&B
BAY WINDOW B&B (and Bicycles)
11 Channel Ave. Ward's Island, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1Y6
Your host: Inese 416-203-9938
We are closed for the season. Thank you for your patronage! The next season opens on May 1, 2014.
Please see www.flipkey.com/p267382 for a calendar of available dates.
This B & B accommodation is attractive to those who choose to be in proximity to the downtown core, yet desire some distance from the city. The ferry boats depart hourly from the south side of the Harbor Castle Westin hotel. Within 15 minutes one arrives at the Ward's Island dock; one of three access points to the Toronto Island Parks. The B & B is a 2 minute walk from the ferry dock nestled in a quiet village in stark contrast to the bustle on the mainland. The charming homes and gardens exhibit a variety of colors, textures and garden designs. Bicycles are available for guests to tour the islands. We are LGBT positive.
If you choose to stay in the city beyond the last boat (at 11:30 pm) then a water taxi is available to return to Ward's Island.The B & B is favored by newlyweds because of the level of privacy and the quaint community clubhouses that are available for booking weddings.
We have a variety of beaches: on Ward's Island, Centre Island, and the infamous clothing optional beach at Hanlan's Point. Jogging or cycling the boardwalk, or roller blading the park paths are popular activities. The spring season attracts bird watchers and picnic basket laden families.There are clay tennis courts on Ward's Island. (Day passes can be purchased at the Island Cafe for $15.) Community events, dances and concerts are open to visitors. See the What's Happening page on this website for events open to the public in our communities on Ward's and Algonquin Island.
* Brand new (2007) ground floor bedroom with a Queen size bed
* Fold-up cot available upon request for a third person
* Private ensuite 3-piece bathroom with a shower, linens/towels, soap/shampoo provided
* Heated radiant flooring
* Private entrance from garden, with a private patio
* Bicycles available for guests - large and small
* Small refrigerator, electric kettle, table fan, teas
* Wired/wireless Internet access
* 2 minute walk from ferry or beach
* Breakfast served at the Island cafe - moments from the B&B, breakfast until 11:30am
* Wheelchair accessible, but please inquire first
* Non-smoking accommodation and Pet-free zone
* Price: $135/ night/ double occupancy with breakfast, $125/ night/ single with breakfast (minus $10 if you choose not to have breakfast)
* Price: $150/ night for three (adding a cot) with breakfast
* Open May 1st to September 30th
* Check in at 2pm, check out at 11am (we are flexible with this when possible), luggage storage for early arrivals/late departures
* Price includes a hot breakfast at the Island Cafe, a 2 minute walk away offering a supreme hit of island culture, (owned and operated by Islanders)
* Typically, a minimum 2 night stay for May to September weekends, 3 days on a long weekend
* Single week or long term rates available upon request, 7 nights for the price of 6 if staying one week
* Deposit (50%) required with registration (cheque, cash, bank transfer or money order), balance due upon departure
*Two week notice required or deposit is forfeited
* Contact: 416-203-9938, or E-mail : email@example.com for bookings
* See www.flipkey.com/p267382 for a calendar of availability
Private patio for guests
WARD'S ISLAND FEATURES:
Rectory Cafe (open year round) 416-203-2152 (Please call for times as they change with the season.)
Island Cafe (seasonal) 647-299-5514 - open 8am to 8pm during the summer season
Alice's House of Big Hair Salon 416-203-0781
Just Imagine Bodywork: Reflexology, Aromatherapy and Massage by Delwyn 416-203-0948
For those that want to stay out late in the city beyond the last boat: contact the Water Taxi @ 416-203-TAXI and talk to Ralph. You must book with him in advance to guarantee transport back to the island.
We are very proud of our unique island and community and ask that you respect all our neighbours by being mindful of noise, treading gently in the meadow and green spaces, and not littering.
Many thanks for your lovely home. It was a fun and relaxing weekend for all of us. I enjoyed meeting you and your family — we look forward to a return visit at another time.
Claire and family, Toronto, May 2010
I just wanted to thank you for your hospitality when we stayed last week at your b & b.
You have a lovely spot, and Stu and I really enjoyed the island and our stay.
Betty, Markham, June 2010
Just wanted to say..we had a WONDERFUL time..at your B & B
We certainly will be back!
Perhaps, next time you will meet my partner...(grin)
Have a great week!
Carron, Toronto, May 2011